🧩 Custom Fields
From adding phone numbers of customers in Sales CRM, to recording product prices, Todo's custom fields have you all covered.
Sometimes adding a mere description to a todo is not enough to cover the mini, peculiar details that are important. Custom Fields allow you to customize your Todo fields so it's better fitted to your work requirements.
You have an option of adding fields like a dropdown bar, phone numbers, URL, email addresses, and many more to your todo. Once you set a custom field to one todo, it automatically applies the field to other todos across the project.
🛠 How Custom Fields Work
Accessible from Todo Card
Manage your Custom Fields from your Todo. Once you've set a custom field to one todo, it will automatically apply to other todos across the project.
Add a Title
Choose Fields Type
- Single Line Text & Multiple Line Text - This is a text-based field that allows you to add a short or long text to a todo. You may find a need to add Keywords to a blog task or Instructions to an operations manual.
- Single Select - This field is a dropdown bar that allows you to select only one item from the options list. You are also required to add the options in before custom field is created.
- Multiple Select - Similar to Single Select, this dropdown bar allows you to select multiple items from the options.
- Checkbox - This allows you to add a custom checkbox item to your todo. You can only create one item at a time. This is useful for cases when a task needs approval or a compulsory step is needed to complete a task.
- Star Rating - This allows you to add a rating scale to a task. Imagine a case where you have to make a purchasing decision from multiple suppliers, one way you could do it as a team is to provide your ratings based on interaction or experience.
- Email - This field allows you to add an email. This is great for storing contact details.
- Phone Number - You can add a country code and phone number in this field.
- Number - The name says for itself, you can add a numeric value to this field.
- Currency - You can choose your preferred currency and add a budget or pricing as needed.
- Percentage - This field allows you to add percentages.
- URL - This field contains website links. Once added a link, you can click on it to direct yourself there.
- Unique IDs - This field allows for an auto-generated ID to your todo.
- Location Custom field - You can now add multiple location custom fields to a todo. You can search for a place, drag and drop a pin on a map, or just enter the coordinates if you have them in hand.